We are happy to receive submissions directly from authors. If you have a finished manuscript in the following genres, please get in touch and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are looking for full-length Crime Fiction, Mysteries, Thrillers, Women’s Fiction, Romantic Fiction, Historical Fiction, Action and Adventure (Military, Naval and Aviation Fiction) and History.
At the moment we are not looking to publish any Short Stories/Novellas, Children’s Fiction, YA, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Horror, Erotic Fiction or Poetry.
We are particularly keen to publish books in a series, so if you envision your submission to the first book in a series, please include that information in your cover letter.
As well as being open for brand new submissions, we are also looking to reissue books in the above genres which have gone out of print. If you are an author with books that are no longer in print, or not available as ebooks, please do get in touch.
We are keen to expand our list to include writers currently underrepresented in publishing, including BAME, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ and low-income writers . If you are currently writing in the above genres and have either brand new books or backlist to offer, we would love to hear from you.
Please submit using the following guidelines:
- Include a one-page covering letter with a brief author bio, a short, snappy blurb and a bit of
information about your book. Please include the word count.
- Include a synopsis of about 1000 words detailing the full plot of your book (including all the
spoilers!). Feel free to use bullet points.
- Include the first 10,000 words of your manuscript, with a title page included.
- Please add a quick note letting us know how you heard about Sapere Books.
- Email all the documents directly to our Editorial Director, Amy Durant on
- All files should be sent as attachments.
We are currently running a writing competition with the prize of a five book publishing contract. Find out more here.