We’re looking for an Editorial Assistant!
Job Role: Editorial Assistant
Are you an avid reader with a passion for proof-reading? Would you be excited to work with a dynamic digital publisher?
Sapere Books would love to hear from you!
Sapere Books is an independent digital publisher, working with an exciting and growing list of historical fiction; crime fiction; thrillers; women’s fiction and romantic fiction.
We are looking for a full-time Editorial Assistant to join our team and work closely with the Editorial Director to prepare our books for ebook publication.
Though Sapere Books is based in London, you will be required to work from home full-time, so applications from outside London are welcome. You will need to be able to travel into London for regular meetings and occasional evening events.
Your main duties will include:
- Formatting files for ebook publication
- Writing blurbs
- Helping with cover design briefs
- Liaising with authors
- Reading submissions
- Assisting both the Editorial Director and Marketing Director with general admin duties
You will be:
- Obsessed with books!
- A keen reader of genre-fiction
- Able to multitask and manage a varied workload
- An excellent proof-reader
- Experienced social media user who is willing to learn new technologies
- Aware of current trends in, and issues affecting, the publishing industry
If this sounds like you then please email a Covering Letter and CV to our Editorial Director, Amy Durant on firstname.lastname@example.org no later than the 28th February.